Do you love driving a truck but hate the nights spent away from home? You might flourish in our open position for local, full-time Truck Drivers. We're looking for safe, hard-working, courteous drivers who enjoy a predictable schedule, Monday - Friday. We require a valid CDL and clean driving record. We require a minimum of one-year driving experience, but prefer additional experience. Our company values teamwork and safety. If you are interested in joining a professional team at a family-owned business and this job matches your skill set, apply today! Employees are rewarded with good pay, great benefits, and the promise that you will be home at night and on the weekends.
Reporting to the Lead Foreman, Drivers safely operate a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on residential, commercial, and/or recycling routes. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive and operate trucks
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps, as needed
- Pre-inspect truck and wear appropriate vest/gear
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed
- Load and unload material/debris
- Complete and verify the daily route paperwork for accuracy and submit to foreman
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Completes and submits customer request when excess yardage must be removed
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management, immediately
- Notifies Dispatch or Foreman of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
- Comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Foreman and/or Administrative Staff
- ]Notifies Dispatch or Foreman of issues including but not limited to blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris
- Dumpster delivery and removal; Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic
Skills and Qualifications
- CDL Class B commercial driver's license in good standing
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years
- Passing drug test require at the time of hire and randomly
- Minimum one year commercial driving experience required
- No DWI/DUI in last seven years
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ OSHA regulations - driving and safety knowledge
- Pallet jack experience required; forklift experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout day
- Listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others; Teamwork is important to assist other drivers, sanitation leads, admin staff, etc.
Each eligible employee receives a total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.